Corporate Protection Australia Group (CPA Group) is one of the largest private ERT companies in the southern hemisphere.
Through our experiences we have become shutdown specialists and understand the specific challenges and requirements inherent in facility maintenance projects.
In the past we have provided shutdown services for companies like ConocoPhillips, Woodside Energy, QGC, BP, Port of Brisbane, Santos, Origin Energy, Dyno Nobel and Viva Energy.
Recently we have been tasked to provide services at 5 sites over a period of 3 months, many concurrently!
Our experience is that major energy and other corporations want to mitigate shutdown risks with providers who understand their issues and can reliably provide qualified and experienced staff, sometimes on an urgent basis. This applies particularly with critical infrastructure sites.
Between March and June 2018 we will be servicing clients and locations such as CS Energy, Wivenhoe and Kogan Creek Power Stations; NRG Gladstone Power Station and NACAP for APLNG.
The shutdown services that corporations require include:
- Comprehensive site security risk assessments and risk management plans
- Supply of specialist staff (security, medical, safety and emergency response)
- Conduct general WHS inductions (via our Registered Training Organisation, Baseline Training)
- Conduct pre-employment medicals
- Perform drug and alcohol testing/ training & certification (via our RTO)
- Review & write rescue plans
- Perform gas testing
- Provide hole watch / sentry duties
- Perform walk downs during radiological testing
- In the event of an emergency, lead and control the emergency response until appropriate control agency arrives
Shutdowns typically involve large numbers of personnel. Many of whom are contractors and possibly unfamiliar with the site and its risks.
Companies want a partner who understands their risk management strategies and will reliably perform to expectations. Our Director – Emergency Services, Kevin Waterman is one of the most experienced emergency services Fire & Rescue experts in the market – our clients are in good hands.
It’s a busy time but bring it on!!!