It is hard to believe it has only been 6 months since CPA Group registered and launched our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) joining a RAP community of over 1,000 corporate, government, and not-for-profit organisations that have formally committed to reconciliation through the RAP program since its inception in 2006.
We are proud to advise that registration was just the beginning and we have invested energy and resources to make our plan a reality under the guidance of Dave Hatton, OAM and CPA Group’s Indigenous Ambassador Lorraine Hatton, OAM.
We are seeing changes in the way we think, act and do business. Here have been a few milestones, highlights and achievements:
- March 2019 – CPA Group RAP registered
- March 2019 – CPA Group Head office staff – cultural awareness training
- April 2019 – Formal RAP launch
- April 2019 – recruitment initiative to maximise indigenous participation
- May 2019 – CPA Group unveils magnificent artwork to celebrate the RAP launch
- Implemented and communicated a cultural protocol document for Welcome to Country and Acknowledgement of Country
- Implemented Board approved CPA Group Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Policy
- May 2019 – promoted, supported, acknowledged, and attended cultural events. Conducted Staff engagement with respect to the 5 Dimensions of reconciliation.
- June 2019 – promoted, supported, participated in and celebrated NAIDOC week activities and functions. Financially supported attendance to key activities.